Thursday, June 5, 2008

Getting Started

I hope to use this space as a place to record my thoughts during my last year of graduate school. I'd like to think of this as a mini auto-ethnography. Writing a dissertation, working through the job market, and finishing up school are all daunting and exciting tasks that will require reflection. I welcome ideas, thoughts, and even criticisms regarding my research and experiences. Different eyes and ears can always help provide insight--as long as they are constructive.

My research interests lie broadly in interpersonal communication, and my specific focus is on grief, loss, and family support. For my dissertation, I will be analyzing the experiences of military families during deployment. If there is anyone out there who would like to participate, I would love to talk with you!! For anyone else who enters this space--enjoy!

No comments: